Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week One - wishes of the week

I woke up this morning feeling more downbeat than I was earlier in the week. 

I've realised that working in between looking after the kids is good for keeping my brain occupied and that if I'm going to get through this with my mental health in tact, I need something to give it a workout on non-work days.

It's the real reason I've started this blog (and to stop my cleaning becoming super obsessive!). 

I had a blog for a short period after having my little boy and it was a similar thing; it was an outlet. Writing has always been a passion of mine and as a PR professional it's probably one of the reasons that my day job is giving me a good distraction during the week. 

But between Friday and Sunday I can't just keep working, nor do I want to take away from precious family time. So I'm going to use my moments of anxiety to write in a bid to avoid any wallowing.

It's not to say that this blog will be downbeat - quite the opposite in fact - I want it to uplift me and if it helps uplift anyone else then that's a bonus. I want to look back and smile at how resourceful we've been and how we made the best of a horrible situation.



So this week we created the jar and started to add to it. Some favourites of mine that we've added include:


  • Welcoming two new baby cousins into our lives soon after this is all over
  • Visiting Thomas Land (we were due to go in April) and Digger Land (near to us and we've never quite got around to going)
  • Going to Chester Zoo (we have an annual pass already) and specifically going to see the giraffes (my little girl's request) and the monkeys (little boy's request). Please don't judge my drawing skills!!
  • Having fish and chips with Granny and Grandad
  • Going for a nice lunch with Grandma, Popsie and Aunties and Uncles
  • Going out for pizza...in Italy
  • Going back to swimming, ballet and tumble lessons
  • Inviting some of our closest friends round for a BBQ
  • Seeing my own Auntie and Uncle and giving them a hug


There are many more - we've gone a bit nuts this week - but these are some of the things that are extra special. What are everyone's favourite wishes of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment